Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Project 52 - week 8 | Katy Houston Photographer

This week our project was to shoot....reflection.  I intended to do something out of the box, and had a few good ideas....BUT, for various reasons, it didn't happen.  Fortunately, my daughter was playing with my magnifying mirror that has a light on it one evening.  No, she wasn't actually looking at herself, she was trying to heat/light my makeup brush with the heat from the light bulb (actually worked and stunk the place up :/)  Notheless, I decided to pull the camera out.  These are not the best images by far, but they are sweet (I think), I love them because they are the reflection of my beautfiul little girl!
The last shot is a shot of our bathroom mirror where she frequently writes with expo markers.  Sometimes she draws pictures, sometimes does math, sometimes she writes strange thoughts, but my favorite is when she writes us personal notes!  This is one of those. If you cannot read it, it says:


You are as sweet as a muffin.
I would not give you up for anything.
I love you so much.
Please do not ever leave me or forget me.
Love, Savannah


ditto sweet princess...ditto.

Now, on to our next photographer in this wonderful blog circle  Marsette Guerrero Kingwood, TX Photographer http://www.mdgphotographyonline.blogspot.com/2012/02/project-52-week-8-reflection_29.html







5 comments:

  1. oh tiffany, these are melting me. that note gives me tears. i am so glad you are capturing the fragile sweetness of her right now. thank you for sharing her beautiful face and soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these Tiffany! Creative use of light.Images to treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those first 2 images are actually some of my favorite that you've shared for the project thus far. i like how they're dramatic, and so singular in their focus. not to mention that your daughter is beautiful...and clearly, just as much so on the inside as on the outside...that note on the mirror?! ohmygoodness, what a sweet child <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first and the last image are my favorite!! What a sweet girl you have!!! I absolutely LOVE that she writes on her mirror, and how sweet to have those memories now! Great job...love all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially love the close up of her reflection in the mirror. Very nice! And I may have to "steal" your idea and write love notes on our mirror. :)

    ReplyDelete