Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

12 feelings through 2013 - nostalgic | Katy Houston Photographer

Welcome to this year's personal project!  Along with many talented ladies, I am embarking on a year of feelings!  This week we wish to reflect on the past....therefore our theme is nostalgia.
Please excuse my flat lighting and my centered image....it turned out EXACTLY how I wanted it to!
This image speaks nostalgia to me.  I remember being about this age when I sat by my mom's side every night watching her put rollers in her hair!  It seems like she did this forever.
The image of my 8 year old speaks volumes to me because I see myself in her at this age. I love knowing that I am a part of her.....God knows she is a part of me!


Continue this wonderful blog circle with Sabrina: http://sabrinakphotography.com/blog/archives/3138

9 comments:

  1. Love Love Love upside down and backwards. Sheer perfection. I love the connection to you, your story, and her. Such a fun, happy, dramatic image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your writing. Love your image. Love that black and white that make you go to the emotions 100%. Love it all because it brought me also so many memories. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I catch myself smiling every time I look at this photo. I remember those curlers...and your story resonates closely. Can't wait to see more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great, Tiffany! Great work! You might need to frame that one and hang it in her bathroom! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, just figured out how to comment (had to use the google). Like I said, the smile is infectious. Made me smile again! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your image and that little smiley face. Dont you feel just blessed for being part of her? Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh..perfect..perfect image. Love the rolls, her cheeky smile with all those growing teeth and her bright eyes. What a pretty little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this made me smile so very wide! Love the rollers (I still remember when they were called rollers!) and her smile and the dreamy black and white! Can't wait to see more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! This makes me happy! Wonderful image and emotion Tiffany! Looking forward to sharing this journey with you through "12 Feelings"!

    ReplyDelete